I didn’t make these until Emily came along – and now every time I make them, I think I’m never buying ready-made supermarket chicken goujons again as they are so tasty! Must try and stick to that plan! You can also freeze them uncooked so handy if you want to get organised.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 500g chicken breast (or fish fillets)
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300g breadcrumbs / about 4 slices of bread
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190'C
- Cut uncooked chicken breasts into strips
- Toast a piece of bread and the blitz in a food processor to make bread crumbs
- Dip the chicken into flour, then into beaten eggs and finally into breadcrumbs
- Brush with a little oil bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through
Weaning: This is fine to give babies from six months.
Play: Great to make with young kids as lots of fun dipping the chicken into the different bowls
Tip: You can make extra and freeze them – but make sure you only freeze fresh uncooked chicken. You can also use stale bread for the bread crumbs but if you are like me, I only have stale bread in when it's inconvenient!
Source: Auntie Tasha
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: baby chicken goujons, BLW, Chicken Goujons, Dinner, homemade chicken goujons, Lunch, weaning