I love that our kids love cooking programmes! My daughter started watching Nadiya’s "Time To Eat" on Netflix and we’ve ended up both sitting down together to watch and decide which recipe from each programme we are going to make together. Today, during Pie Week, we decided we’d go for this easy peasy pie! My daughter loved it. It doesn’t take long to prep so we had time to play while it cooked.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins on 180c in the oven
Serves 2 adults and 2 young children
- 2 pieces of white fish (I bought Frozen Bassa)
- 6 spring onions
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tins of spaghetti hoops!
- several cherry tomatoes
- garlic granules
- Chilli or chilli flakes – optional
- Paprika – optional
- I covered the frozen fish in foil and popped them in the oven to start cooking while I prepared the rest of the meal.
- Cut the onions, broccoli, and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- To make the breadcrumbs, toast 2 slices of white bread. Tear it up then blitz with a hand food processor. Add pepper and a little paprika.
- Pour the spaghetti hoops, onions, broccoli, tomatoes into a large bowl.
- If everyone wants the chilli add at this point (if not, then just later to adult dishes)
- If you have garlic granules, put a little of this in.
- Take part cooked fish out of the oven (it will have been in about ten mins).
- Cut the fish into bite size pieces and stir in.
- Portion everything into individual dishes if you have them, or one big dish.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins.
Weaning: Babies can eat this meal from six months.
Share this post