Another of Granny’s creations that I now make too! My daughter, age four loves making these with me. Warning; I think more Christmas baubles (the tiny balls for decoration) went on the floor as much as the cake!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Feeds: Makes at least 8 Christmas Tree cakes
Handy to freeze before you add toppings.
- 3oz Self raising flour
- 1oz cocoa powder (you can get away with less than this, just make up the flour and cocoa so that the total quantity between them is 4oz).
- 4oz butter (Vitalite)
- 4oz sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Blast flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to fluff it with food mixer
- Add all other ingredients
- Mix until smooth
- Pour into a round dish and bake at 160c for 25 mins.
Once cool, cut the cake into half, then quarter, then cut again so the cuts look like a star.
Use creative sticks to create the lolly pop effects
Use writing icing for the tinsel affect and then choose your topping.
What I like about these cakes are that they look so effective but they don't need too much sugary coating / sweets on the top to look good and I think these are fairly generous!
Share this post