It’s autumn so time to get the slow cooker out! This classic beef stew is warming on a cold wet day. My mum used to make this for me. I always loved it and I'm pleased to say this goes down well with my daughter Emily and the husband!
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 6 hours in slow cooker
Feeds: Serves 4 adults and a baby.
Handy to freeze in small bags.
- 450g braising steak
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 parsnip
- 1 large tomato or several cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs tomato purée
- 1 tbs Worcester sauce
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbs gravy granules
- Braise the steak on a medium heat in a little oil.
- Take the steak out and put in slow cooker
- Add onions and celery and cook for a few mins until soft
- Add flour, mustard, Worcester sauce and tomato purée and mix together
- Add tomatoes and stock.
- Add to slow cooker. Add carrots and parsnips. Ensure meat and veg are covered. Sprinkle over gravy granules to create a nice consistency.
- Cook on high for 30 mins, then drop down to a low setting for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally.
I served with a mix of veg and mash potato.
Weaning: Babies can eat this meal from six months. Don’t worry if they don’t eat the meat. At this age they tend to suck on the meat and will get the nutrition they need from this.
We know what a pain it is to scrub at your baby's clothes each day, so my husband and I designed a lightweight baby bib. The bib covers clothes from your baby's neck to their toes and is tight at the cuffs. Check out our range of Small Coverall bibs. Our Large Coveralls and Aprons are perfect for toddlers to 6 years olds. Our fabric is as light as a feather so it doesn't hinder their movements.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: 6 month old baby recipe, baby food, baby led feeding, Baby-led-weaning, babyfood, Beef Stew, BLW, dinner, toddler food, weaning, weaning recipe