Prep time: 30 mins
Cook: 3.5 hours in slow cooker on high
Serves: 4 adults and one baby
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp black onion seeds
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 350g new potatoes quartered
- 400g canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry onion for 5 mins until soft.
- Add curry paste, ginger, garlic and onion seeds and cook for another 2-3 mins stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, cauliflower and potatoes. Bring to boil.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours
- Stir in spinach, chickpeas and mango chutney. Cook for another 30 mins.
Weaning: Don’t shy away from giving babies spicy foods as they can eat them straight away. My daughter tucked into a chicken curry at just seven months.
Tip: It might be nice to shred the spinach, more likely to be eaten!
Source: The Essential Slow Cooker cookbook. Note, I swapped madras curry paste for mild curry paste.
We know what a pain it is to scrub at your baby's clothes each day, so my husband and I designed a lightweight baby bib. The bib covers clothes from your baby's neck to their toes and is tight at the cuffs. Check out our range of Small Coverall bibs. Our Large Coveralls and Aprons are perfect for toddlers to 6 years olds. Our fabric is as light as a feather so it doesn't hinder their movements.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: baby, baby led feeding, baby-led weaning, babyfood, blw, curry, Dinner, Vegetable Curry, weaning recipe